Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Land of the Unexpected

Hello friends! Here in Papua New Guinea there is little opportunity to access the internet so I apologize for not being able to faithfully update everyone. My stay in PNG has definitely been eventful so far. THe people here are very loving and gracious and are especially generous. The past few weeks, I have been in the Madang Province receiving orientation for my remaining time in PNG. During this time I learned Tok Pisin, went on a few rigorous hikes, stayed in a village for two nights, used a pit toilet, and bathed in a river. Needless to say I am having many new experiences. Unfortunately, I will have to keep my post short because I am actually leaving in a bit to be transported to my village in Hoskins which is in the West New Britian Province.

As for me personally, please pray for my obedience to God's future calling on my life. Being here has definitely been a culture shock so far so I am experiencing a bit of fear at the possible call of making a home here in the future. God hasn't necessarily been clear about where He wants me yet (whether abroad, here, or in the States) but whatever He chooses, please pray I am obedient!

As far as the people here, please pray for their release from the Spirits. Papua New Guineans very much worship and converse with the spirits and it is important for us as believers to not ignore their power and presence, especially since this way of life is all they have ever known. Jesus is more powerful than these spirits and so I ask that you all pray that He may be so real to them that they forsake all other forms of worship.

I am definitely loving it here and God is showing me so much. I hope to be able to update more in detail in about three weeks after I return from Hoskins. Thank you so much for your support and prayers. Please keep praying!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment