Sunday, May 15, 2011

Nearly There

I can't believe that three weeks from now I will be boarding a plane for Papua New Guinea! When I started the application process in January, June 5th seemed like forever away. But it's almost here and I can hardly believe it! I have seen God do some pretty amazing things in my life this semester and I have watched Him make this trip a reality through His wondrous provision and sovereignty. I still can't believe I get to have this amazing opportunity!

During these three weeks prior to my departure, I'm frantically running around trying to get everything I need and tying up lose ends before I leave. I still have to get a few immunizations, get my visa's sorted out, figure out everything I need to pack (then actually pack), complete my Missions Workbook, and move out of my apartment among many other things.

I'm getting to the point right now where I am starting to feel nervous and overwhelmed. I seriously can't believe this is really happening! I have no idea of what to expect, no idea what a normal day will look like, and no idea how I plan to communicate with the natives. Although I am nervous about the unknown, I am excited to see how God will use this summer to grow me personally and how He plans to use this summer to further His Kingdom. Even though I have no idea of what I am doing, I know that I am not alone in this. There is no safer place for me to be than in the center of God's will, and I have perfect peace that Papua New Guinea is indeed His will for me this summer.

A few prayer requests I have are: pray that I would be falling in love with Jesus daily and that time with Him would be intimate and refreshing. Pray that God remove my anxieties about the trip and enables me to trust Him with all of the unknown circumstances I am about to encounter. Pray for my family that God removes their anxieties as well and gives them peace in knowing that I am perfectly safe in His hands in spite of what's going on around the world. Please pray that I would not get caught up in mission work this summer or the temptation to busy myself with tasks but that I would continue the disciplines of my walk which enable me to know God. Pray that I seek first to sit at the feet of Jesus. Pray that I listen to and believe only the promises of God and not the lies of the enemy or the promises of the world.

1 comment:

  1. When you get there and approach people, God has already done the work in their lives. All we need to do, as God's children, is step out on faith and start a conversation with them. I forget this a lot, but when I remember to do this, God does miraculous things.

    ReplyDelete